Last blog I mentioned that my birthday was approaching, it has now passed me by, I’m another year older, not sure if I’m wiser, I’ve lost a little weight, no grey yet and I’m sure I’ve spotted a few wrinkles. My sense of humor over the past two years has been stretched to the max and my girls are getting older as well.
Friends made this a wonderful weekend for me. Out to dinner on Friday night to the Keg with one of my oldest friends, who I met on my 17th birthday on a GO bus coming home with a few of my girlfriends from the city. He and his wife have been rocks in my life especially for the past few years as I establish my new life here in Nova Scotia. 29 years we’ve known each other I am lucky to have them here for me.
Saturday was the day, it dawned cold, rainy, snowy and yucky I wanted to sleep in but the girls had another idea..the brats, and woke me up at 6am. My tentative plans cancelled so I was alone and decided to take myself to a movie. Off to see Jurassic Park 3D and have popcorn for lunch. Lots of lovely phone calls from friends and family wishing me happy tidings. Miss them, the friends not the tidings. Dinner harbour side Saturday night with a newer friend finished off the evening.
I had requested that with birthday greeting on f/b, a song to be included. Two of my lunatic friends, from high school went a little wild…not all of their songs are represented on this list I’m going to have to go back an fish out all the suggestions they had….I think it must have been a crappy day in Ontario, they both spent the day in front of their computers looking up songs and posting them on my page. Without further fan fare here is the 2013 April 13th Play list (names of senders not included)
A great line up in no particular order:
Song Name: Artist Name
- Thrift Shop Feat Wantz : Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Call Me : Astrud Gilberto & Walter Wanderley Trio
- I got a feeling : The Black Eyed Peas
- Ave Maria : Maria Callis
- I love Rock & Roll : Joan Jet & the Blackhearts
- Les eaux du Mars: Stacey Kent
- Whooomp there it is: Tag Team
- Killing me softly: Roberta Flack
- Stompa: Serena Ryder
- Don’t Stop Believing: Journey
- West end Girls: Pet Shop Boys
- Classified: Inner Ninja Feat: David Myles
- The Coast: Jennah Barry
- Sailing: Chris Cross
- Rock me gently: Andy Kim
- The way it goes: Gillian Welch
- Put your records on: Corinne Bailey Rae
- Taxman: The Beatles
- Girls on fire: Alicia Keys
- Money, Money, Money: Meryl Streep from Mamma Mia
- Happy Birthday from Savillerow (unrealased): The Beatles
- Talking to the moon: Bruno Mars
- Who can it be now: Men at work
- In the air tonight: Phil Collins
- Hungry like the wolf: Duran Duran
- We’re not gonna take it: Twisted Sister
- Don’t forget me when I’m gone: Glass Tiger
- Call me: Blondie
- Fields of Gold: Eva Cassidy
- Like a star: Corinne Bailey Rae
- Empire Strikes back Theme: John Williams
An interesting fact, only 2 guys participated in this, even though I have a ton of guy friends who love music, lots of different styles and memories here and some really great new choices. I really loved doing this so I’m going to be asking for this again next year so start thinking about what you’re going to send ’cause I don’t want any excuses next time!
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes with and without a song I love that I have such wonderful people who read this blog and who are my friends.
Dreaming Big from the East Coast,